Monday, February 6, 2012

A 3 year old's perspective

I sat down to tell my daughters yesterday about my upcoming surgery.  I wasn't expecting much--at 3 and 2 years old I know they don't have the attention span or understanding to truly get it.  I said all those things I had planned out using the calendar (she pointed out that Valentine's Day is coming first) and referring to Grover in the hospital to get his tonsils out.  I was fully prepared to get the endless "why" questions that she's been into lately.  But her only question was:
 "Are you going to have a cast?"
"No, it'll be a big bandage." 
"Ok, can I go play the bubble game now?"

Lesson learned.  A 3 year old's perspective of this makes it all seem so simple.

Update:  This morning when our babysitter came in, Aila announced to her that Mom would be in the hospital and have owies.  While I don't want her announcing that to everyone she sees now as her opening line, it does make me a little happy because she actually listened to what I was telling her.

No comments:

Post a Comment