Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 weeks post op

I am now two weeks post op and feeling great.  I feel 100% sure that I made the right decision and am already happy with the results.  I'm off pain meds--just need an occasional ibuprofen or Tylenol.  I'm still napping each afternoon, or at least nearly sleeping while watching something each afternoon.  My body is regenerating itself into the alloderm that was used to create my "pocket" so I am expected to get tired and I plan on allowing myself to rest whenever I feel the entire time I am off. 

I read an article the other day that Giuliana Rancic went back to work 2 weeks post op.  Please don't compare me to her.  Even though I am feeling very good, the thought of going back to work right now is out of the question.  I really would like those articles that gush about how quickly she bounced back to tell us more about her work day. I'm doubtful that it's a full day; I would probably last about 2 hours, plus prep time to get myself ready and to work.  Giuliana has a team of people working for her to put her together each day or she gets to show up to work wearing a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses and they put her together when she arrives eliminating that whole wake up at 5:30 to get myself and the kids ready before school routine that I have to handle.  She can probably take care of some of these post op things during her work day.  Guiliana you are not going to make me feel guilty for taking more time off.  Aside from the huge amount of healing I've been busy doing, here's what else I've already been able to accomplish in 2 weeks:
  • Read The Help, watched The Help, and 1/2 way through a second book already
  • Cleared the DVR of 1/2 of the season of Private Practice and an entire season of Grey's Anatomy
  • One puzzle
  • 15 minute walks every day for the last 3 days including one outside w/ the dog not pulling thanks to her Gentle Leader collar
  • Enrolled our cars in "Progressive Snapshot" to see if we can save on our car insurance

1 comment:

  1. Soo happy that things are getting better. It sounds like I should expect a rough patch but know it is short lived. Stay home as long as you need. Working with children all day is TIRING enough without going through all you have. Enjoy your time to heal. The kids will be ok without you. You have to take care of yourself first for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete