Monday, June 3, 2013

Pre-op appointment

I had my pre-op appoinment Friday. I will be having this surgery at a different hospital with another  doctor who is named Dr. J just like my plastic surgeon.  I think that I'll call this doctor Dr. P.J. so that I don't get them confused.  Mitch came with to hear all the details so that he can do a good job taking care of me afterward and making sure I stick to my post op restrictions.

We met with Dr. P.J. and his staff early on.  They showed us with more detail what the incisions will be like, what the day of surgery will be like, rules for recovery afterward, and answered all of my questions (even the ones about my toe).  I got the disappointing news that I would have to do "Bowel Prep" the day before surgery.  I thought that I was going to sneak through without having to do this, but no luck.  I will be spending June 13th, my first official day of summer vacation, chugging miralax and gatorade eliminating everything possible from my bowels.  YUCK!

Then I had to do all the pre-op tests (EKG, blood tests, and chest x-ray). This part took forever; I was worried for a while that I might not make it back to work on time!  We waited in the same waiting room that I've spent so much time in the past year for the CA125 blood tests that I have every 3 months.  Hopefully, this is the only super long wait we have and surgery day will be a breeze.

Just for fun, here's a picture that I found on my phone during the wait for labs. It was taken the day of the marathon.  It was a long day for her cheering us on, then waiting at the finish line to see my brother finish the full marathon.  She insisted though that she wasn't tired and didn't need to nap.  This is how we found her after she went to play in her room for about ten minutes. Notice the medal still around her neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment