Saturday, June 15, 2013

My thoughts so far

I will admit that it hasn't been as easy as I thought it was going to be.  There isn't a huge body of work out there on the "tubes only" surgery that I had.  Before my mastectomy, I read and read and read and knew exactly what to expect. For this one though, there are resources about other gynecological surgeries such as hysterectomy or resources about what Fallopian tube removal is like after ectopic pregnancies but nome of these seemed to match my situation. In my mind, I figured that women have their tubes tied in the doctors office, so removal of them can't be that much different. I honestly thought I would feel perfectly fine today and that around maybe grocery shopping or something.  I didn't think pain meds would be involved at all!  I probably should have read more about laparoscopic gynecological surgeries as no matter what you have removed, these robotic surgeries are quite similar.

Here is a recap:

The morning yesterday went well.  I was very impressed with how smoothly everything went at this hospital.  I had great nurses who never made me feel forgotten about like last time.   Right on time at 12:30 I rolled into surgery. I woke up in the recovery room in a lot of pain.  I did not expect that at all, but they quickly helped take care of that.  As I move onto another room I struggled more with nausea, dizziness, and more pain.  It was Friday afternoon and I hadn't eaten anything since Wednesday night., so some of these thing could be attributed to that.  I wanted to eat but could barely get 2 crackers down. I needed to eat something with the pain meds.  I'd feel like I was going to puke but was afraid it would really hurt and couldn't get myself upright without more pain.  They gave me something for the nausea and I was able to start feeling better but I was still so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.  At about 5:30 I was able to be discharged and we went home.  I had this long list of foods that I thought I would want first, but I really just ended up eating applesauce and sleeping th rest of the night.

Still this morning I have significant pain. It is all centralized around the incisions which are about belly button level. It is different than after c-sections because that incision is lower and I felt tugging and pulling whenever I would move. It feels kind of like I was punched or spin kicked in the stomach over and over.  It is tough getting comfortable or taking a deep breath more because of the bruising sort of pain. I don't know why I didn't think of this, it makes logical sense, but I have drainage similar to what it's like after having a baby. It shouldn't last long though they explained. I also have a rash on my back, neck, and chest.  I think I had a start of it yesterday after the miralax diet.  I have shooting pains in my shoulder as well because of the CO2 used to inflate me.

I am eating like normal though and can walk upright rather than hunched over like yesterday.  I will probably take a nap soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment