Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sticking to it

I had a great conversation with my doctor today.  We decided to stick to our original plan.  She consulted with other doctors working together to review my current MRI results and compare them to the ones from in the past.  Apparently these lumps have been there in the past, but I wasn't aware of it.  They have changed just slightly in size, so that they became large enough this year to raise a red flag.  But when comparing them to last year, they have grown such a small amount that waiting 1 month, 3 weeks, and 2 days until surgery does not put me at risk for much further growth.  She also looked at the margins around the lumps and there is a clear 2 cm away from anything else.  With these clear margins, we are safe to proceed with all the plans I originally chose!  February 27th will be the date!

No comments:

Post a Comment