Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just a quick clarification

Since posting this link on facebook, I have been overwhelmed by all of the support.  I'm thankful that all of you out there are thinking and praying for me.  I guess I should have warned my mom that I was posting it on facebook, so that she wouldn't be so surprised that she got some calls from people worried about me.  So... I must emphasis this: I do not have breast cancer. I had a genetic test done 6 years ago confirming that I have almost a 90% chance of developing cancer that will most likely occur in the next 10-15 years.  Because of this risk, I have decided to remove my breasts and rebuild them with a safer alternative.

I also forgot to mention on facebook, please don't say anything to Grandma yet!  I figured I would tell her myself when we stop over next week.  We all know she doesn't necessarily trust medical research (Grandpa who had multiple heart attacks did not have heart disease in her eyes), so if she mentions any scepticism afterward feel free to jump in.  Just make sure it's after I tell her. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment