Sunday, March 15, 2020

Not any higher risk

Several people have reached out by text or Facebook/instagram message (not in person right now thanks to the social distancing that we are doing) asking if I am considered at higher risk for COVID-19. I appreciate you thinking of me, but no, I am not.

I am not at any greater risk than the general public when it comes to the coronavirus. If we were talking MRSA or Staph, then hell yes! My incision is still healing in one small part and any exposure to those bacteria would be a major issue. If we had any reports of that in our building, which does sometimes get passed around in high school sports, I would be looking at a few more weeks off. 

I was scheduled to return to work (which is in a school setting) on March 24th which is exactly 6 weeks post surgery. With schools cancelled right now, I'm not exactly sure what my return will look like, but I am thankful that I get a few more weeks in which I do not have to think about what I am going to wear to work. 

We are doing social distancing, sticking to ourselves as much as possible. Which is basically what I had been doing for the last 4 weeks anyway. I am out of the house for physical therapy and to go to the grocery store and maybe library, but that's it. Now the rest of the family joins me! Cribbage and Rummy games, movies and books.

I did have to say good bye to my rental chair as we only rented it for 1 month. I liked that thing! It was an old person lift chair. I'm happy to say that I never needed it for that purpose, but did need the power feature to recline backward. I did not have the arm strength or ab strength to pull the lever on a normal recliner to get it reclined. 



Have fun staying in everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment