Friday, February 7, 2020

I'm ready

I am ready!

My bags are packed. The house is clean. My inbox is cleaned out and my away message is set. I have a list of books to read and things to watch while on leave. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think that I made it to surgery day without getting a cold, flu, or fever at the last minute that would keep me from being able to

On Sunday, Mitch and I will drop the girls and dog off at my parents and make our way to Madison. There's a predicted snow storm, so it may be a slow drive. We have plans for dinner out Sunday night--a good meal and a glass of wine to hopefully help me sleep. Then I hit the shower to wash my body with half a bottle of Hibiclens. I get to do that shower scrub again early Monday morning before our 5:30 am arrival at the hospital. 7:30 Surgery time.

I am nervous. But I am also ready for this. I'm confident in my doctors. I'm happy that this could mean that I don't have to have maintenance that I would have and with implant reconstruction. I'm 100% sure this is the right decision. I'm curious what everything will look like in the end. It's hard for me to predict what the pain will be like and what things will be like during the recovery. I'm very much a planner, so this unknown is hard for me.

I was struggling more with this before Christmas, just feeling overwhelmed by the unknown. I started writing though again, journaling for myself. I really loaded on the workouts to keep my sanity. I have a 11 week streak on Peloton that I plan on keeping up through recovery by using the Peloton meditations.

On surgery day, Mitch will be in charge of my phone. It's a long surgery and I've been doing my best to convince him NOT to stay at the hospital the entire time, but we'll see what he chooses. He'll be handling the texts to update. I've also heard that I should let him keep it for a bit after as you never know what will happen on those pain meds and I don't want to come home to a million Amazon boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment