Saturday, November 23, 2019

Prepping

This time around I know more of what to expect. I have a few button up or full zip shirts and comfy pants ready. I ordered a drain camisole to hold them all because I remembered loving that thing. I took a few inches off my hair so that it’s easier to deal with. I will do my nesting of making freezer meals before the surgery date comes. I have plenty of sick days accumulated so that missing work is not going to be an issue (other than trying to find someone to cover and the guilt I feel about leaving the office for this amount of time--sorry guys!) I spent most of my day time during my last recovery hanging out in a recliner, but we no longer have that, so I'm still on the hunt for a super comfy one that I can sleep away the recovery days in. I also have heard that a wedge pillow can make sleeping in bed with the drains still in more comfortable. I might invest in one instead of making the nest out of pillows that I did last time. The abdominal scar is going to be a new thing, so I'm not sure how that's going to feel...right now I'm planning on wearing a lot of leggings, but I'm not opposed to trying maternity jeans if it comes down to it. 

As I've started telling a few people at work, they've all asked "What can I do to help?" Really, there's not much. I eat what some have called during lunch "weird foods" because of my wheat allergy, so I don't need a meal train thing or anything like that. I really don't know what to say. I appreciate the offers, but really I think we've got things covered. I guess...keep your eye out on the work trading post for a recliner? Or maybe if you have a pair of those ridiculously soft but strangely patterned lularoe leggings sitting in the back of a drawer that you never wear, pass them my way for my recovery time so that I can pull way up over incisions and tuck my drains inside them? I'm going to miss the kids next home swim meet while recovering. I'm usually there running the computer on the deck, so they'll probably feel me not there...especially since one child believes I'm the only one who can put her cap on securely. Give them a little help if they look lost at the swim meet please. There's a lot of driving back and forth to Madison that has already occurred and will continue for check ups afterward...if you're heading that way for the day, let me know what day and we can see if we can carpool!

No comments:

Post a Comment