Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mastectomy Eve

Tomorrow I will leave my risk of breast cancer behind.  I will enter the hospital with an 87% chance of developing breast cancer.  I will leave with less than 10%.  I am so grateful for Dr. Colette and Dr. Jantich who will perform my surgery.  It will be life altering and life saving.  I am so grateful that I do not have cancer and I get to tackle this as a healthy 29 year old woman.  I am so grateful for each and every person who will be at home feeding, hugging, nurturing, driving, dressing, bathing, teaching, snuggling, and taking care of my sweet hearts.  I am so grateful for the prayers and postive energy that is being sent my way.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by such supportive family and friends.  The kind words, notes, and emails this week have been amazing.  I so grateful to have a husband who is completely supportive of the radical preventative measures I am taking for my health.  I am so grateful that breasts I know and have loved were able to have nourished my children.  They were your food source and our best cuddle times. They've done their job and it's now time to say good bye.  I am looking forward to meeting my new breasts...the ones that will carry me safely into my old age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment