Saturday, February 8, 2020

I like lists

I like lists.

Here’s a list of things I did to get prepared for this surgery (no semblance of order here.)

-Deep cleaned the house...like ridiculously. Every room, every closet. I even moved the oven and fridge and vacuumed behind them.
-Bought a few more button front, zip up, or super soft shirts to be extra cozy.
-Moved all of my leggings, sweats, and shirts to a spot in my closet where I won't have to reach or open a drawer for them.
-Made soup...lots of soup. Every week I made a big pot of soup, we ate it for our meal and then I froze the rest in small containers that I should be able to each for lunches at home.
-Prepared a stack of books to potentially read. Some are work related; some are pleasure reading. Last time, I remember thinking I'd read a ton but not actually doing it because I'd fall asleep too easily. We will see how it goes this time.
-Asked friends for recommendations of what to watch on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. So far my plan is to finish Parks and Rec (already started season 7) and the 8 episodes of This is Us from this season that we haven't watched yet. I need to do season 2 of Big Little Lies and season 3 of Handmaids Tale. After that maybe Ms. Maisel, Schitt's Creek, One Child Nation, Imagineering, or You.
- Overthought the need for a recliner and whether to purchase or rent. I still didn't buy one. Worst case scenario, I rent one from home medical supply company and they deliver it.
- Increased my protein intake and added collagen as well. You should see my nails!
- Hydrated--water, water, water!
- Prepared for a substitute taking on my role at work. I thought planning for a long term sub for my classroom during maternity leave was hard..prepping for someone to stand in as Assistant Principal was even more of a challenge!
- Moved all of the kitchen supplies that I will need to use into a basket on the counter so that I don't have to reach up or open doors.
- Worked out focusing on leg and core strength. I was NOT supposed to lose any weight before this surgery, so for the first time, pretty much ever, working out took on a new meaning. I worked solely on heart and lung health instead of trying to burn calories.
- Purchased a ton of food to stock the pantry and freezer so that I don't have to grocery shop for awhile.
- Prepped everything I could possibly take care of that I will or could miss out on while recovery. Taxes done. Swim meet info ready for Mitch to write on the kids arms. Carpool organized.
- Made a list of the simple things that I can do during medical leave that meet my movement restrictions...wash my makeup brushes, use that little wood colored marker to color in the scratches in the woodwork, catch up on podcasts. I have big goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment